A TOOTHACHE is a tooth pain that may be caused by:
- Tooth decay
- Tooth abscess or tooth infection
- Tooth grinding
- Damaged filling
- Infected gums
Proper identification and treatment of dental infections is important to prevent its spread to other parts of the face and skull and possibly even to the bloodstream.
Toothache pain relief with Ibuprofen (Nurofen) & Paracetamol (Panadol) alone DO NOT solve the problem.
Teeth pain often constitutes a dental emergency as it may be:
- Sharp, throbbing & constant
- Caused by pressure eg. biting, tapping
- Associated with a swelling around the tooth, fever, headache or earache
- Associated with tasting drainage from the infected tooth, difficulty opening mouth wide or difficulty swallowing
If you have any of the above, contact us without delay on 039557 0957 or schedule an appointment.